Robin tagged me for a "8 random things" meme like two weeks ago, and so I thought I'd finally play along. I did the 7 random things meme earlier this year, so it took me a while to think of 8 more!
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself.
1. I’m completely addicted to the Food Network. I even Tivo it when I’m not going to be home. So sad.
2. On a related note, cooking was definitely my first love. My mom just stopped cooking after my brothers moved out, so my dad and I had to fend for ourselves. I was pissed at the time, but it really forced me to learn how to cook & I love to do it now.
3. Keeping with the food theme, I love grocery stores. I could grocery shop for hours, checking out new ingredients & imported products. I’m a weirdo; I know.
4. Even though I’m a natural red-head, I am not Irish. People don’t believe me when I say this, so I have just started lying and saying that I am. It’s easier.
5. I think my cat can understand me. He does whatever I ask him to do. It really freaks Joe out.
6. I have ridiculously sensitive skin, but am not allergic to poison ivy, oak, or sumac. I am, however, allergic to everything made by Bath and Body Works, so please don’t buy me any of their crap for Christmas anymore, K?
7. My mom is allergic to shellfish and I am terrified that I am going to be allergic one day. She grew up eating it with no problems & one day she almost died from eating clams & had to get rushed to the hospital for that epi shot thing.
8. Speaking of almost dying, after my brothers were born, my dad went to get a vasectomy. He actually *did* die from the anesthesia, and they had to resuscitate him. He saw it as a sign that he should not get the vasectomy. Five years later, I was born. Spooky, huh?
As usual, if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged. And since I think picture-less posts are no fun at all, here’s Rocco sleeping in my lap the other night: