Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend Recap

It was a pretty quiet weekend. Joe had to work, so we didn't do anything too crazy. We did go to the local fair Saturday night. I was a little put off by the $12 admission, but I wanted a pulled pork sandwich in the worst way so I was not turning back. They have a baking, quilting, sewing, knitting & crochet competition every year (which I always seem to forget about until it's too late). I was looking at this pair of blue ribbon winning socks and admiring them when I noticed the name on them said Karen C! OMG OMG OMG! Yay Karen! I actually saw more of her stuff (all with ribbons!), but I don't want to steal her blog fodder. Plus, all the items were displayed in huge chicken cages & my camera kept focusing on the chicken wire & not the knits. Ugh!
I had started my Mirepoix bodice on Monday, but the ribbing was starting to make my left eye twitch, so I decided to take a break & start on Tree Jacket. I never really liked this pattern until I saw it on Green Apples blog a few weeks ago. Hers came out so cute; I just had to make it. I ordered yarn for it, but it didn't arrive on Friday, so I just bought some Cotton Plus from AC Moore's on Saturday. The Zephyr Gals suggest Cotton Ease as a good sub, so Cotton Plus should work too.
I'm loving it so far. I needed some instant gratification BADLY after hours and hours of never-ending, never-growing ribbing & this was just the ticket.

3 comments:

Robin said...

How funny that I mentioned Jessica's Tree Jacket in email when you had already talked about it on your blog the day before! i hadn't read it yet!

Tree Jacket looks great - I love it in that color!

Karen said...

Gee I thought those socks looked familiar when your page was loading. haha The price of admission killed me too. Crazy. No break when you submit either. Actually one of the volunteers told me they had to pay too!! Can you believe that? And the lines when bringing your stuff there and picking it back up...ugh. Never again. I'm happy you noticed though. Thanks!

Knittymuggins said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Your Tree jacket looks so pretty so far too! I was all set for Juliet, but I'm really starting to like the Tree Jacket an awful lot, so I'm not even sure which one to make now. So many choices :)