Monday, July 14, 2008

Sewing FO: Mccall's 3566

Well, I took the plunge and cut and sewed ACTUAL swimsuit fabric this weekend! I like the boy short bottoms of the McCall's pattern I showed last time:

And, here's my version of them:

They fit really well. I'm so glad I made the muslin! Here's my favorite RTW pair on top of the new ones:

So, as you can see, they're pretty close in size! I don't really like any of the tops in the pattern, so I'm going to wait for my Jalie pattern to come in (which should be soon!) before I make the top for it. I am loving having the freedom to make my own swimsuits, because I HATE HATE HATE shopping for them!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Very cute! I like the color too. I'm not fond of any of those swimsuit tops either. I usually like triangle tops best on me.

Knittymuggins said...

Wow! Great job!! I would be so scared to attempt a swimsuit, but yours looks perfect. I agree - those tops look sort of uniboob-ish. Ick. I'm looking forward to seeing what style you end up choosing :)

knittymuggins

Marjorie said...

That looks good. I've never tried to sew a swimsuit. (I may be the only woman on the planet who doesn't mind shopping for swim suits--but I tend to buy the same suit year after year from Speedo.) It looks like fun.