Sunday, September 27, 2009

FO: Central Park Hoodie

Well, I finished this about a month ago, but my photographer, my made-up face, and the sun have rarely been in the same place lately. Even today the sun wasn't around, but we found a break in the downpours to get a couple shots in. Here's CPH, mostly done:

I say mostly because I need to put a zipper in it. I bought some cute toggle buttons from Joann's, but as you can see, it's a pretty "fitted" sweater. It is the exact size I intended it to be, but I somehow forgot that a cardigan needs to be a little bigger than your measurements to fit properly. Oh well. Once I find a good zipper, it will be a great wardrobe addition. I have my eye on some rust colored cords from Old Navy that will go PERFECTLY with it.
Stats are:
Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from Knitscene
Yarn: Needful Yarns London Tweed, Twilight Blue
Time to knit: forever!
Mods: added waist shaping
Likes/dislikes: I wish I had thought about sizing more carefully.

Meanwhile, as I languished over weaving in all the ends of CPH, Ishbel caught my eye. I had some Socks that Rock in the stash that I thought would work, and boy did it ever!

I love the color, and how it looks all webby and spooky, just in time for Halloween.
Stats:
Pattern: Ishbel
Yarn: Socks that Rock Medium, Lenore colorway
Time to knit: one week
Mods: none

I have also been SEWING for the first time in forever. Now before you judge what I made, please know that I keep our thermostat at 68 in the winter and that is just too cold for TV watching. So I made us snuggies!
Joe's is a Yankees Snuggie:

Mine is purple tye-dye clouds:

We LOVE them. They are so warm and comfy, and knitting is the perfect thing to do in one. My whole body, including arms, stays nice and toasty, and I don't have to sit on my hands to warm up anymore. I used this McCalls pattern that I got during a 99c sale, used coupons on all the fabric, bought the thread on sale, and the damn things still cost more than buying one. BUT, they don't make Yankees ones or purple tye-dye clouds ones, now do they?

1 comment:

robin said...

Wow -great FOs!! You are looking slim, lady! I like the more fitted CPH. Ishbel is a perfect Halloween FO. And I definitely need to make myself a snuggie!