Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving & birthday recap

We always fry a turkey on Thanksgiving. This year was no different:

The finished product:

Mmmmm. Deep fried goodness. Yes, it's worth all the work. Yes, it will be the best thing you ever tasted. Feel free to ask any more questions you have. I am now an expert at this.

Then, today was my birthday:

Joe totally surprised me with a new dress form:

I named her Scarlet. What else could I possibly name her, right? I thought he was a good boy and got this sucker on the black Friday special at Joann's. Um, I would be wrong. My little honey bunny paid FULL PRICE for this. No coupon. No special. I wanted to kill him. He promises he will go to Joann's tomorrow with the coupon and convince them to refund the difference. It really was a great surprise, though. And I thought I was getting the Harmony needles from Knitpicks. Ha!

9 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Birthday, a little late. Cheers! -Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

That man is worth his weight in yarn -- what a great gift! Happy Birthday!

Knittymuggins said...

Happy birthday!!! I hope it's the best ever! And I *love* "Scarlet" for your new dress form :)

BTW: I've had fried turkey and I must say, it was one of the best things I've ever tasted!

Have a fantastic birthday!! Hope you wished for something good ;)

knittymuggins

Robin said...

How cool is that!!! Scarlet is a perfect name for her too.

Happy (belated) birthday! I'm sorry I missed the actual day!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!
You and I share the date! :)

Rene'

Karen said...

Happy belated Birthday Jenny! Scarlet was a great present...although I hope he went back with the coupon too. :)

Gothknits said...

Happy birthday you sneaky girl.

He has two weeks from purchase date in this state to get the discount.

Madelyn said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. There's no other city like it.