Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day and a FO!

Did everyone have a nice Valentine's/President's Day/Daytona 500/Olympics weekend? I sure did! Joe had off for 2 of the 3 days, so we had lots of bonding time. Sunday was the Daytona 500, so we did our shopping on Saturday as well as exchange our Valentine's gifts. We usually keep it small and low key. For instance, I made him this neckwarmer:

And I made him and Olivia these conversation sugar cookies in words they both understand:

He evidently didn't get the low key memo because he got me this:

My mouth DROPPED when I opened it! I never mentioned I wanted one, never even hinted it, but he somehow knew! The downside is that I got absolutely nothing done on my day off on Monday because I just wanted to read, read, read!

In other news, I have a couple of dresses in mind for the February garment-a-month club, so hopefully I'll get one sewn up next weekend. If I can tear my attention away from ebooks, that is. :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Those cookies are so cute! What a fun idea!

Awesome on the Kindle - Joe rocked Valentine's Day! I love mine. I read on it at night before bed, usually. I cut my Audible membership down to 1 book a month as I was reading so many more books on the Kindle.

I made that first dress you linked to and love it - I wore it yesterday with a sweater over it to cover the bra straps. When I make it again I am going to narrow the neckline. The second pattern - I've cut out the paper pattern pieces but then put it back in the bag. Someday I'll get back to it!

Marjorie said...

That is a very cool Valentine gift!

Very nice neckwarmer.